Aconitum heterophyllum - medicinal Plants Action
Digestive system : Seed and root are used in ascites. Seeds are laxative.
Urinary system : The seeds are diuretic, the root decoction reduces burning of urinary tract. It increases volume of urine,
Reproductive system : Root is used in sperrnatorrhoea. The decoction of roots is also used in burning of vagina.
Circulatory system : The juice of leaves along with juice of zingier reduce perspiration.
Over dosage (More than 5-6g) produces symptoms like dryness of mouth, tremors etc.
Pretreatment of A. palmatum root in cow’s milk and urine reduced the cardio-toxicity (Singh L.B. et al., 1985).
Dosha : Tridoshaghna.
Dhatu : Majja (brain tonic), rakta. shukra. meda:
Mala : Mutra (diuretic). purisha (laxative). sweda.
The tuberous root is medicinally used both alone and in combination. Yogaratnakara mentioned that Haritaki may be used as the substitute for Ativisã.
Mesua ferrea / nagakesara - Medicinal Plants- Theraputic uses
(1) Rakta Aras— Naga kesara cürna (2-3gm) shall be administered orally along with butter and sugar (C.S.Ci.14/210)
(2) Hikkã— Nagakesara cürna (2-4gm) is given orally with honey and sugar along with (S.S.Ut.50/24)
(3) Rakta Pradara— Nagakesara cürna is to orally administered while consuming plenty or butter-milk daily
(4) Sveta Pradara— Naga kesara is soaked in the buttermilk and administered orally for 3 days (V. S. & Y. R.)
(5) Rakta Atisãra— Nãga kesara cUrna with sugar (V. S.)5.
(6) Pumsavana— The lady who wants to have a female child should consume Nagakesara along with ghee (5gm dose daily) during the period of ovulation (Rtu kãla)- (R. M.)
(7) GarbhaStapana Powders of Naga kesara and Püga (beetle nut) are mixed together and given orally (Va.Se.)